NZGA and its affiliates run and attend a number of conference or workshop style events throughout the year. You can download and view papers and presentations from these events, please contact us if you experience any problems.
Chemeca 2018 – 30 September to 3 October 2018
Woodtech 2018 – 18 + 19 September 2018
New Zealand Geothermal Association Seminar (27 June 2017)
- The big picture of geothermal in New Zealand – exploring our current generation and direct uses, and where major players see industry heading in the next five to ten years
- Geoheat strategy – its evolution, opportunities, issues and risks for key stakeholders, and how it’ll be implemented
- Low temperature power generation – what are the new developments in this space?
- Regional strategy promoting growth – implications of economic development strategies for geothermal and other renewables
- Geothermal regulations – their review process, positions for promotion by Industry, key issues, nature and scale of risk and position paper and progress
- Geothermal research in NZ – where it’s headed?
- Education and research in NZ – Geothermal Institute: current trends and its reality
- MBIE road-map – what is it and who’s involved and been consulted?
- NZ Aid – opportunities for NZ geothermal specialists within the NZ Aid Program in East Africa, Caribbean and South Pacific
New Zealand Geothermal Workshop, (25 November 2016)
- Allied Industrial Engineering (1.04 MB)
- Bay of Plenty Regional Council (993 KB)
- Contact Energy (1.371 MB)
- HERA (1.86 MB)
- Geothermal Institute (320 KB)
- Geothermal New Zealand (285 KB)
- Geothermal Postgraduate Training (663 KB)
- Jacobs (1.07 MB)
- MB Century (343 KB)
- Mercury (833 KB)
- MBIE (883 KB)
- MFAT (416 KB)
- Ngawha (246 KB)
- Tauhara No. 2 Trust (1.06 MB)
- Thorndon Cook (759 KB)
- UNFC2009 (503KB)
- WiNG update (1.6 MB)
- Waikato Regional Council (516 KB)
Presentations and documents from international workshops can be viewed by clicking the links below, please contact us if you experience any problems.
|World Geothermal Congress 2015, Melbourne, Australia (19-24 April 2015)|
“Views from Down Under – Geothermal in Perspective”, the Congress offered a splendid opportunity for delegates to share ideas and knowledge covering geothermal development worldwide. The Congress and short courses programme covered topics relevant both to direct use and electricity generation. The joint management by Australia and New Zealand gave insights into some of the most long-standing ‘traditional’ geothermal developments in the world and new ‘pioneering’ techniques.
|Pertamina Energy Outlook 2015, Jakarta (3 and 4 December 2014)|
|5th European Geothermal PhD Day (31 March to 2 April 2014)|
The European Geothermal PhD Day (EGPD)”, is a student-organised conference for PhD students working in all fields of science related to geothermal research (geosciences, engineering, chemistry, business, law, etc). The conference was hosted by the Chair of Geothermal Science and Technology of the Technical University of Darmstadt in cooperation with the Young Geothermal Chapter (Junge Geothermie) of the German Geothermal Association. The conference was held at the Institute of Applied Geosciences, Darmstadt, Germany.
|APEC 2013 Workshop on Geothermal Energy Development, Taipei, Taiwan
(25-26 June 2013)
The meeting was attended by Dr. Greg Bignall and Mr. Brian Carey (both GNS Science) New Zealand, as well as researchers and geothermal industry invitees from Japan, USA and UK. The Workshop was organised by The Bureau of Energy and National Science Council of Taiwan, and included three sessions that respectively focussed on “Geothermal Status and Perspectives”; “Geothermal Exploration and Assessment”, and “Enhanced Geothermal System Technologies”. Click on links below to download and view presentations from the workshop:-